Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Help me I might fall and I'm not sure I want to get up........

The hands on the clock of life seem to be spinning at the speed of a fan blade on high.  Didn't we just celebrate 2018???  When and how did 2019 sneak in?

My dear friend Kim's mom passed away in January of 2018, my father passed away rather quickly and unexpectedly in April.  My best friend from Centerville Ohio's dad unexpectedly passed away last week.  Today I attended his Celebration of Life.  He was a wonderful man with a great big sense of humor.  He was our graduation trip destination - that'll be another blog entry for another time.  His was a complete surprise departure from our world.  My heart goes out to Lisa and her family.  Additionally, I've gotten three phone calls notifying me of cousins who've all passed, all within the past two months.  I am having a hard time accepting the knowledge that I'm now at a stage in life when I have to expect the unexpected.  

I've now reached the point where I'm not so much worried about my own mortality but rather those I love, respect, and need / want in my life.  I still NEED to be able to dial their number, hear their voice and chat with them whenever.  I've never felt the need to contemplate this before.

My life mentor - Linda Bollman celebrated her 80th birthday in November.  She's not aged, that I can tell, in the past 40 something years.  Her voice is the same on the other end of the phone, her wit and wisdom remains intact, and her laugh can make any problem you have forgotten for the time being.  (For those of you not familiar with her, I suggest you go back and read my blog WWLBD.  

My Uncle Mamie and Auntie Smitty......  They both just had a big birthdays too.  But you look and listen to them and you'd never know it.  I need to make sure I share a couple of their stories.  (But not tonight....)

Three months ago I gave birth to my first born son.  What stumps me is that  in a mere three weeks that same beautiful bundle of joy is turning 30.  As in 30 FREAKIN years old!!  We sat together the other day chit chatting and he informed me that this particular birthday was really bothering him.  Life is going well for him.  He likes his job, has a great apartment, but is still looking for his "forever love".  He then went on to tell me that it wasn't so much the number he was turning, it was the fact that he remembered well when his father and I both turned 30.

Then throw my mom into the mix.  Yes, my beloved mother, giver of life.  When I got done sharing with her that I was having a hard time with Genesis' birthday, her loving comment of support turned out to be, "well honey, how does it feel to have a son turning 30"?  My response, "Well mom, how's it feel to have a GRANDSON turning 30".  She didn't appreciate it, the conversation ended rather quickly.

Thank you so very much beloved son.

At what point did I get old??  It's not like there's a specific date on the calendar you can look at and say, "wow, it's official my OLD is six months away".  My hubby suggested to the boys (yes, they're men but they will forever be my "boys") that a great Christmas gift for me would be a MedAlert or something similar.  You know, one of those buttons for people who've fallen and can't get up.  Thankfully for me, they opted against his suggestion and went with a golden doodle instead.  At least this way, if I'm on the floor and can't get up I'll have a bundle of warm fuzz to snuggle with me until someone finds my body.

While I'm mentioning my body..... what the devil is going on with my neck?  Mom????  Oh, Glooooo......  Where are you???  There are things happening to my body you failed to share with me.  One day my eyes went out (you'll notice that I've increased the font size on here).  Another day my boobs decided my belly was a great place to rest.  I now really crave a nap about 3:30 in the afternoon.  And broccoli suddenly hates me! 

Hmmmmm, there were a couple of other points I truly intended to share, but for the life of me I can't remember what they were now......  yep, yet another sign.

Sound familiar to anyone else?  Well, since my brain has officially shut down for the day it seems appropriate for me to go put on my jammies, lotion my neck, turn on my electric blanket and carefully slide into my comfy bed and snuggle with my beloved fur baby.

For those of you who want a little "Ahhhhhhh" to wrap up reading this.....  Here is my beautiful snuggly fur baby:  Maggie Rose Ohboy Baker


No comments:

Post a Comment