Monday, March 2, 2015

My Teeth Hurt

I'm so sick....and all my family is out of town.

     Come on folks, I'm allowed a pity-party now and then.


  • My teeth HURT - Yes, Libby,  I've flossed.  Yes, Libby.  I've brushed my teeth - daily (See below)  I'm guessing right about now that those of you who don't know Libby have determined she is an ever vigilant dental hygienist. 
  • My nose is so stuffed, I can't smell how bad I smell (and only realized this when the dogs wouldn't lie down by me).  And exactly how can one's nose be stuffed up but still drip at the same time?
  • My hair hurts
  • Coughing threw my back out
  • Did I mention my teeth hurt?
  • I'm considering cough syrup a "juice" category
  • I tell time by the medications I have to take
  • I jump at the offer by a friend to grab dinner for me (and then I request Taco Bell (???))
  • Walking to the bathroom is a planned event
  • Really, 50 years, and this is the first time my teeth hurt
  • A hand-drill to the middle of the forehead might reduce the pressure (still holding out on this one)
  • Brushing teeth is an event requiring a new way to breath (nose stuffed)
  • I didn't mind answering the phone for telemarketers - as long as I was in the middle of a coughing fit.
  • I've morphed into my dad, I check my snot each time I blow my nose (OMG this is gross!)
  • ......and finally..... I consider my gummy vitamin to be dessert!

I shall be calling the doctor again tomorrow morning.  It's been a week since our last rendezvous.  

In the meantime, from the annals of sympathetic wisdoms bestowed upon me from my dad's first wife:

"Suck It Up Sally" 

No comments:

Post a Comment