Saturday, December 8, 2018

Chandler and the Christmas Cactus


True story.....  Fact not fiction and it's pretty wonderful. I was at a friends house, Terri S. Hodges-Newton. While she was showing me around, I saw an incredibly large Christmas cactus. (I had never seen one this large in my entire life.... I'm talking super HUGE!!!) 

This Christmas cactus had an amazing amount of beautiful blooms. When I commented on it, Terri S. Hodges-Newton said it blooms twice a year. Once in December and the other in the month her dear sweet son Chandler passed. I exclaimed how awesome that was and jokingly asked her to send Chandler to my house because I've only gotten one or two blooms every couple of years for the past ten or so years (and NEVER at Christmas). She laughed and said okay, she'd do that.

Guess what happened and is continuing to happen. Every morning for the past four days, there's new blooms on my Christmas cactus.

Thank you Chandler!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment